Our small animal internal medicine service offers specialized knowledge, advanced diagnostics, therapeutic procedures, and a high level of experience with treatment and management of a variety of internal medicine disorders of cats and dogs.
Procedures offered are:
- Non-invasive diagnostic procedures such as:
- Feeding tube placement
- Joint fluid retrieval
- Bone marrow aspiration and core biopsy
- Fluid retrieval from the chest, abdomen and pericardial sac
Additional Services include:
- Interpretation of abnormal laboratory data in light of the patient's history and physical exam findings.
- Assisting referring veterinarians reach a diagnosis for patients with difficult or multiple medical issues.
- Diagnosing and managing patients with chronic vomiting and/or diarrhea; chronic skin problems; chronic urinary tract issues; chronic cough/sneeze or nasal discharge; liver, kidney or pancreatic disease; heart or lung disease; anemia and low platelets.
- Managing dogs and cats with thyroid, adrenal, parathyroid disorders.
- Managing immune mediated/autoimmune diseases in dogs and cats.
- Managing and helping to regulate difficult diabetic patients.
- Making recommendations and performing chemotherapy for patients with cancer.